Friday, September 14, 2018

You are My Person

I created this piece for one of my dear close friends. I am super happy that it is a magnet and she can hang it on her fridge or at work. It was a lot of fun to make!


I have a friend whom I met about three years ago at a mixed media camp. Her and I hit it off quick and she has been an amazing person to me. For my birthday she found a company that specialized in gluten free cookies (I have Celiac Disease and can not have gluten) and had a box sent to me. She is thoughtful, smart, talented and loyal. She is my person and the inspiration behind this piece.

To create this I found a large heart magnet at my local craft store (It is 6 by 6!). I added a layer of clear gesso, let it dry and then painted it Victorian Purple by Plaid Folkart paint. Once it dried I stamped Rita Barakat’s background art foamie stamp on the heart with Plaid Color Shift Paint in Purple. As it dried I cut a circle by hand from a piece of cardboard that I used the pouring technique with Plaid Folkart paint and Extreme glitter. To see how I did it check out my video here: 

 I inked the edges of the hand cut circle and heart magnet with clear embossing ink. I dipped all the edges in Rita Barakat’s Dragon Egg’ Embossing powder and heat set it. I stamped my sentiment and placed it in the circle adding some gems from my stash. Finally I stamped the BFF image, colored it in with Copics, cut it out and used pop dots to adhere it.




Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!
Betz Golden

No comments: