Saturday, September 29, 2018

Deepest Sympathies

Probably the least favorite thing for me to make is a Sympathy card, but they are the most meaningful to the recipient. During times of loss a hand made card can warm the heart like nothing else. Since death is often no predictable it is best to make a few to have on hand. I used the Hedgehog Hollow September 2018 to create a Deepest Sympathy card.
 I stamped the flowers with Catherine Pooler's Coral Cabana ink pad. I stamped the stems and sentiment with a black detailed ink. Using the Marvy Uchida brush tip pens I colored in the flowers and stems.
 I sprinkled Color Burst on a piece of white cardstock and misted with gold glimmer mist. Once it dried I used an oval die cut to trim it out and inked the edges.
I pop dotted the flowers and sentiment over the stems I adhered with a liquid adhesive. To finish if off I added a few pearls.

I find it easier to create these cards with no specific person in mind. If I am creating a sympathy card for a loved one I tend to break down and unable to complete it. By working on several sympathy cards at a time it makes it easier.

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

No comments: