Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Traditional Fall Card

 I discovered layering stamps through Hero Arts at the Mixed Media Convention in Utah this past summer and fell in love with them. I  appreciate that I can create beautiful images with little time because the stamps do all the work for me. I then learned in September that Hero Arts has an extensive monthly subscription option and I signed up!

I made this card using everything from the September box. I have to confess, I'm not a sunflower fan and I don't really care for this type of style. It reminds me of the first time I saw stamps for card making in 1999 through Stampin' Up. Hero Arts seemed to be a modern in style and that is why I opted for the sub. Though the kit is beautiful and perfectly coordinated it just is not my taste.

With all of that being said I did create a few cards with it and was pleased with the outcome. I have a few people who don't celebrate Halloween, yet love Fall. I did not have much in my stash that could cater to their taste and belief, so I do appreciate this set for giving me something to create that is traditional. I really like that each image came with a matching die too! This card took me about 15 minutes to make.
I am excited about the October kit! It is a really fun Christmas theme that has tons of options. I also ordered the penguin bundle which is the set I played with at the convention. Penguins are my favorite animal and the set they created is top notch. I can't wait to play with it and share!

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

No comments: