Friday, September 8, 2017

Mermaid Canvas

The family and I took one last vacation of the summer to Santa Monica California over the Labor Day weekend. One of the things we enjoyed doing the most was collecting sea shells. My very favorite were the little ones that reminded me of butterflies. I knew I wanted to create something with them when I got home so I came up with this:
I have been wanting to create a mermaid canvas for several months and have been collecting my supplies to do so. The Mermaid I found at Calico Collage . It actually is a digital download of paper mermaid dolls! The next thing I found were the pretty little wood laser cut mermaids. Finally, I was browsing Lisa Kettell Designs and found mermaid clay tails that I could paint. 

 I used several different metallic paints on the tails as well as a little glitter glue on the tails. The last thing I had left to find were the shells and I found those on the beaches of Santa Monica.


Here is a video of the process:
Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

No comments: