Saturday, July 21, 2018

How To Create a Textured Layout!


I started scrap booking 29 years ago, so you can only imagine how three kids later and a lifetime of adventures can add up! One thing that has become crucial in my albums is to only use one a year, therefore I need the layouts flat. For a few years I was filling up 5-6 albums. After awhile I ran out of places to keep them. I do not want to skip documenting important event or time because I do not  know where to store them. Hence, the transfer to flat pages. 7 Gypsies Architecture stickers and  mixed media pads are perfect to create stunning yet flat pages (that have some texture). I created this page using only a few sheets from a mixed media pad and sets of Architecture stickers. My kids and I discovered an awesome Ghost town on their spring break that I wanted to remember.

This is the paper I used:

I fussy cut some of the images from the Gypsy Mixed Media Pad to use as my title, photo mattes, and embellishments. To cut the inside of the large frame I found it most beneficial to use my exacto knife and glass mat.
I distressed the edges of the pieces that were straight by running a pair of open scissors along the edges and inked them all.
I used pop dots to adhere the large frame to the base page. This gave the layout extra interest because of the depth caused by the frame being lifted slightly.

Next, I placed a few stickers on the base of the page tucking the edges under the frame.
I used the smaller frames to not only frame the pictures, but also as mattes.
I added a few pop dots to two of the framed pictures to add more interest.

I added the large title to the corner of the layout over the frame. I used pop dots where the numbers touched the base.

Finally I added a few more stickers to round out the layout.

I did not feel as though the layout needed much text, so I skipped the journaling on it and just let the pictures speak for themselves.
Products Used:
Mixed Media Pad
Junque Pack Cabin
Crystal Ornaments Trinkets
Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

No comments: