Saturday, July 28, 2018

Pink House Boutique and The Hop Shop

 I recently purchase a car for my daughter and was driving it home after I transfered the title. I was hungry and had a few hours before I had to be at my next appointment. I was on Grand Avenue which runs with the railroad and exited when I saw the sign for it I parked my car and started walking the main street when I ran across the coolest funkiest store ever -- Pink House Boutique. Downtown Glendale has amazing antique shops that line the main street as well as side streets. This store is a little different.
 What caught my eye was the Pin Up dresses in the window. As I got closer I noticed they carried them up to a 4X! I could not stop myself -- I had to go in and take a look. Not only did they have an awesome assortment of hundreds of  dresses, they had purses and jewelry ranging from vintage, retro to antique. There were sassy pictures, tumblers and accessories as well as a section of sweet antiques perfect for a Vintage girl. I have never been in a shop with this many different products spanning over so many decades yet all cohesively put together. The prices were reasonable too! Sadly I could not take pictures in the store, so I encourage you to check out there website here  and if in the area stop by the shop (7009 N 58th Ave Glendale AZ 85301 -- (623) 298-4766 )
 One store down is my favorite diner -- The Hop Shop! I am partial  to this diner because they carry gluten free bread and the chef always makes sure to wipe down the kitchen area he is working for folks like me with a gluten intolerance. Betty Boop welcomes visitors along with an assortment of delicious retro desserts.

 The restaurant is immaculate with retro and vintage decor everywhere. It really feels like you are taking a step back in time when you sit down to order and eat. The waitresses even refer to you like they would in the good ole days.

If you have a couple hours and are in the Phoenix area you should take a yonder to Downtown Glendale.

Until next time ~ Happy Travels!

No comments: