Thursday, November 2, 2017

Back To School Layouts

I have kept a school album for each of my children from preschool through high school. Well, they still are in school, but it will go through high school. When they were little it was so much fun and easy to find cute back to school paper crafting goodies. As they have gotten older it has become challenging to find anything back to school that is mature like them, yet reflective of who they are and what they are becoming. So, I have ventured outside of the typical back to school supplies and used other things for the layouts.
Parker is going into the 6th grade. He needed something cool, but still kid friendly. I opted for stars in different textures in which I die cut out in various shapes and used as a border. I added a few bottle cap sequins from Brutus Monroe to finish it off. 

 Annie is entering 10th grade. I decided to use an inspirational kit from Brutus Monroe because she is changing from an impressionable child to a confidant young adult. It reminds me of a transformation that a butterfly undergoes. I love the layering butterfly die!
Logan is entering 11th grade! I decided to use a library back ground stamp and a traditional school style stamp set by Brutus Monroe to create his page. I added a small basketball because that is his life! 

This is the first year I did not use the same sketch and product line for each kiddo. They each turned out great and I hope the kids will cherish them when they receive their albums. 

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ok so yeah. The boys pages are awesome and very cool! But after many years of doing mainly boy scrapbook pages. My heart leans towards all the girliness. Lol!! All awesome pages!!