Thursday, April 20, 2017

Spring Flowers!

It is getting warm in the valley and the sun is shining everyday! Flowers are blooming and I thought it was time to bring a few indoor. Only thing is, I tend to have a black thumb. I also wanted to hang them on my wall. So, what is a gal to do? Make here own! 
 I have several of these awesome wood divider trays in my stash from Prima packaging. They held beautiful resin pieces! I decided they would make a perfect back drop for my flowers.
 Since I am using the beautiful shiny metallic foil paper by Rinea I decided to paint the trays black to really make the flowers pop!
 I used 527 by Beacon to adhere three trays together for the piece. I set it aside to dry as I made my flowers.
 Each flower will take almost one piece of Rinea foil paper. I used my Scan n Cut to cut the hearts needed to make the pedals of the flowers.
 Each flower used 1 heart measuring .5 inches, 2 hears measuring .75, inches, 3 hearts measuring 1 inch, 4 hearts measuring 1.25 inches and 5 hearts measuring 2 inches (though after I made the first one I realized it was to big, so I put the 2 inch hearts away for another day ;-)
 Take a brad and place it on it's back with the prongs up....
 Put a hole at the bottom of each heart. It is easy and fast to add a hole to each set of hearts.
 Place the hearts on the brad in order of size.

 Adhere the brad making sure none of the hearts can slip off.
 There are a few ways to create the pedals. You can roll them using a pencil.

 Make sure to separate out each heart to create the flower
 Keep rolling until all of your hearts are fashioned into a flower. You can see this flower in the picture above with the three trays adhered.
 Or, and this is my favorite way to make them, you can crumple each heart individually around the center....
 until you get a little ball....
 Slowly pull it apart......
 Until the center is revealed.
 I suggest the assorted pack for crafters to do this project if you want a lot of different color flowers! It  has ten gorgeous colors and metallics included. I also added a few embossed flowers just to mix it up.
 Once you are done you can leave it as is with the brads or you can pop another center into the flowers. I had these lovely flower resin pieces in my stash and decided they would be the perfect finishing touches to this piece.
Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Diane Agarwal said...

Thanks for participating the blog hop. Your flowers are knockouts! They look like the real thing. Are they glued in the box?

Betsie Morris said...

Thank you! Yes! They are glued to the box so it is one piece :-)

zuta said...

Thank you so much for this idea. I love the color 😍