Friday, April 7, 2017

DIY Matching Necklace and Magnet

Hi crafty friends! Betz Golden here!  Today I am sharing with you a sweet necklace and matching magnet I made as a gift for my Mom.



I found these keys with stickers by Tim Holtz in the clearance section at my local craft store and knew they would be perfect for jewelry! 



Since I made this necklace for my Mom I had to use the sticker "Her Majesty" because growing up she would always say she was the queen. First I added the sticker and covered it with the clear dome as provided in the package.



My Mom likes a little bling....well...she likes A LOT of bling and who can blame her? I had some pretty purple gems in my stash and added them to the key. I used Gem-Tac to adhere them.



I like odd numbers -- so 3 it is!



I found some beautiful digital download at www.calicocollage.com that I knew would be perfect for the necklace. I selected the letter "P" because that is the first letter of my Mom's name. I used a circle punch and cut it out.



I adhered the image to the metal circle piece with ZipDry.



I carefully placed it in the center of the circle.



I added the clear dome....

[Pic 9]

And I blinged it out Using Gem-Tac and the same gems I used on the key.



I wanted to make a bottle cap magnet because I had leftovers and my Mom really likes to decorate her refrigerator. So, I took my craft hammer and flattened the edges of a bottle cap a little.



I then repeated the process on the magnet. Once the gems were dry I threaded a cord I had in my stash to make the chain of the necklace. I made a simple knot in the back of it making sure it was large enough to get over one's head. 



This was a super easy and fun project and I highly recommend handmade jewelry for Mother's Day, Easter and birthdays! 

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

Betz Golden

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super cute. Thanks for the tutorial.