Sunday, January 17, 2016

Shaker Card

In October I went on an amazing retreat in which a fantastic class by my new artsy friend Jennifer taught how to make a shaker card. What I appreciate most about Jennifer and the way she creates her cards and altered items is her use of what most would consider trash and everyday things you have in your home. I used "trash" to make this card!
 Maya Road not only has amazing products, they also package them really well! I knew after grabbing a pin this package would hold sequence for a card!
 I emptied out my package and broke it down like so:
 I measured my paper I wanted to use as the background to the shaker portion of the card and attaced it to the cardboard backing:
 I then took a wooden embellishment I wanted in the shaker and attached it like so to the piece that held the pins. It needs to be face up like this so it can be seen on your card:
 I grabbed my sequence and was hopeful I could use a lot up (did not happen -- I still have 3/4 of the bag left).
 I added my sequin over my bird to my liking:
 And put the whole thing back together again:
 I shook it to make sure I would not lose the sequin:
 Cut off the top and tested it again:
 I then added it to my card making sure I secured it with Glossy Accents:
Before you toss the packaging your scrapbooking items come in take a closer look because you may be able to use it in your art or on your page. I may just start buying products for their cool packaging ;-)

Until next time -- Happy Scrappy!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Great idea!!! Makes me sad now thinking about how many cool shaker card "starter kits" I have thrown away, lol

VanessaB said...

awesome. way to repurpose! love it :)