Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lots of Stuff!

My camera ran out of juice and I could not find the charger! Finally found it and was able to take pictures of some of the stuff I have made the last week. I ordered one of the new lines from CTMH. It is really suppose to go with amusement park pictures (Disney is what they showcase on it), but I had to have it! I discovered that is is great for my boys' photos! I really love the paper and it matches a lot of the "Magical" line from CTMH that was released a few years ago that I have in my stash. I also was able to dig out my bubble punch that I paid way to much money for and did not use nearly as much. Thanks to Malinda, my scrappy pal, I totally lifted her idea from her OSU telephone scrap lift challenge!




This is what I did with the left over from my BG class at the LSS. I now only have one sheet left. Woo-hoo! I really love love love this LO!

I have seven teachers that I wanted to gift something to at the end of the year. Well, I am needing to be more economical so I came up with this memo board. The 4 by 6 clear frame was $1.19 at Target and it stands. I then got a pack of mini dri erase markers that were $.60 a piece. I attached the marker and thank you tag with a piece of ribbon and the whole thing cost me a total of $1.80! I added a button for some depth. I hope it looks thoughtful and not cheap. I also wanted something that is practical and not just a dust collector for each teacher. What do you think?

I really needed to keep my teacher gifts under $20 (I know that sounds impossible, but I did)so I opted to make the gift bags. I am so scared that this is screaming "CHEAP!". I used my kids paper lunch bags. I placed a Heidi Swapp mask on each bag, sprayed it with some GM in three different shades, added a few pieces of bling that I bought in bulk awhile ago, folded the top over, punched two holes, and tied a bow with ribbon from my stash. I just hope this gift does not scream "TACKY!"

3 comments:

Geri said...

Your teacher gifts and bags came out wonderful. I am sure they will be pleased to get them! Love the layouts too!!!
I Love the train diecut and the photos with the balloon hats... those hats rock... I have a picture of Mike wearing a balloon bird on his shoulder and a pirate hat.

Missus Wookie said...

That bright paper is just perfect for the boys photos. The bubble punch is cute too.

I like the gifts and bags and don't think they look cheap 'arty' instead.

Jen said...

love how you used the bubble punch!