Friday, August 3, 2018

Denim and Diamonds

I recently have started swapping pocket letters with a great group of online ladies. When I was asked to join the "Denim and Diamond" swap I did not hesitate. Once I realized what I signed up for I was a little scared. I kept thinking of cowgirls, but did not want to incorporate that into it. I then realized that I had an old pair of my daughter's jeans that had bling on the leg. She wore them all the time when she was 6 (ten years ago) and I found them for her at Walmart for $6. I decided to use those as the base. I first cut them down to ATC size (2.5 by 3.5) and mod podged them with extreme glitter Mod Podge to a baseball card for stability. As they dried I added my signature stamp to the back of nine ATC blue cardstock cut bases. Once they were dry I attacked them to the blue cardstock. I inked up one of Rita Barakat's stamps with white paint and stamped it in a random order on the denim. I decided on this particular stamp because the circles in the hair looked like places for bling. Once it dried I added gems and bling items from my stash and stuffed a baseball sleeve to create the pocket letter. It was missing something so I created a layered heart embellishment and a shabby chic flower from the leftover denim. I added a butterfly charm and attached it to the sleeve.





I never dreamed that my scraps (literally!) would create something beautiful. To make the two embellishments check out this video:
Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

No comments: