Thursday, August 23, 2018

Challenging Canvas

In July the Canvas Corp Brands crew was challenged to do something with a blank sheet of canvas and we could use a pouch too. I created this:
 I glimmer misted a piece of raw canvas in blues and greens and then cut them into strips. I tied a knot in the bottom of each strip and adhered it to a circle that I had cut from double sided adhesive. I twisted the canvas strip and placed it on the circle. I also did this same technique with some pretty twine.
 For the leaves I hand cut them out of the green portion of the canvas, added some veins with a black water color brush pen and spritzed it  with a little water to soften the lines.
 I adhered it all to the pouch and added a few gems to fill it out.

When I was first presented with this challenge I was totally clueless on what to do. I just started painting and then got to this. What have you created that was unexpected?

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting! 

No comments: