Thursday, January 25, 2018

Art From the Heart

Have you ever found something that you love, but want to use it differently than how it is intended to be used? That is what happened when I found this to make heart charms. I really wanted to make a mixed media canvas with the hearts as part of the body and a beautiful clay doll head from Lisa Kettell Designs to create this:
 I also had some medal wings and crown by Tim Holtz as well as angel wings from 7Gypsies that were perfect for this piece. I used the new Prima rust paint system with some modeling clay to create the background and used Nuveo Dew Drops to outline the hearts in the body. I recorded the process as a segment in my "Behind the Art" showcasing how it came together. You can watch it here:  
Until next time ~ Happy Crafting! 

No comments: