Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Something Exciting from Rinea!

I am super duper excited to share with you the new GHOST INK by Rinea! Ghost ink is specifically designed to remove color from foiled paper. In January of 2017 at Creativation I was working in the Rinea booth in which I stumbled across a new technique. I had stamped an image and did not like the placement of it. The ink was still wet and I thought I could remove it with a Wet One (all I had on hand). When I removed the image it took off all of the color. I thought that was really cool and wondered what would happen if I let the ink dry. I tried it again letting it dry completely. It did not work at all. So, I tried it again waiting until it was almost dry and it worked! I showed it to the owners of Rinea and they were super excited! We all decided to go home and play with it for the next few months. The technique was hit or mess depending on what ink I used, humidity, and what I used to wipe the foil. I really wanted to showcase this fun technique, but there were far to many variables that did not always allow it to work. Rinea also played with it on their end and decided to come out with an ink specifically for this technique and their foiled paper! I am so happy about this because it opens up so many more ways to use this fabulous foiled paper.

Here is a tag I made using the Ghost Ink, Rinea Foiled Paper and Brutus Monroe stamps and supplies:


You can find the Ghost Ink HERE and the rest of the supplies HERE

Please make sure you check out the tutorial and demo on the Ghost Ink HERE




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I don't get the concept. I understood the story, but then when you listed the products used in your beautiful creation you mentioned using the Ghost Ink. I thought it was for erasing errors. Lost and confused.

Betsie Morris said...

The video explains it, so go check it out 😉