Monday, March 13, 2017

Peacock Puzzle Frame

One of the projects I decided to do was a frame and print using the Spring Peacock by Calico Collage for a care package of sorts for my friend. Originally I had planned to black gesso the puzzle pieces, but I changed my mind. I will explain why a little later. For now here is my piece and the process I went through to make it!

 I found a beautiful print of a peacock in the Spring Peacock Junk Journal kit that I cut down to fit my frame. I actually found the frame for 35 cents at goodwill along with the puzzle I used to alter it for 49 cents.
 I put the print in the frame because I had to alter around the peacock. I did not want to accidentally have a puzzle piece over the head of the peacock.
 I notice the puzzle had a lot of pieces of the sky that matched the print perfectly. This is when I decided to put the black gesso away and just use the pieces as they were and I am really glad I did.
 I used Quick Grip to adhere the puzzle pieces to the frame because it pretty much holds everything!

 I adhered the first layer of puzzle pieces....
 and went over it a second time making sure I added some feathers!

 Next, I added some gems from my stash that matched!
 I pulled out some Emerald Green paint by Prima to dry brush on the puzzle pieces.

 Once the paint dried I decided it was finished.
Come back this week to see the rest of the care package and the other fun altered things I made for it as well as how to create your own care package for a loved one.

Until Next Time ~ Happy Crafting!

Betz

No comments: