Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentine's Day Card

It is that time of year. Love is in the air and we are bombarded with pink, red and hearts. I am okay with that. I love pink and red and even hearts :-P! This year I decided to use one of my new favorite things to make my Valentine's Day card -- Prima dolls!
 
 
I found the sweet little dollie heart at the Target $1 spot. They came in a pack of like 12 or 25. I can't remember. I can't even find the rest of my pack to check! The doll I used is Valentine Girl. Isn't she sweet? I used Copic markers to color her in. I tried to make this card flat so I could easily mail them without having to pay extra postage or a larger envelope. I used a sketch because I was making 10 of them and wanted to keep them similar. I later realized that I get bored after 3 and next time I need to mix it up! 
 Now, this next thing I made was super duper fun! I signed up for a card and candy bar Valentine's Day Swap. The card had to be a 5 by 7 and I had to include a candy bar. My partner likes Payday bars. I was not sure if I was suppose to make a card and just throw a candy bar in with it or deck the candy bar out too. I chose the latter option because what fun is just a candy bar right?

I used another sweet little doll from Prima and I stamped the ticket from the Valentine Girl set to add to the card as well. I then paper pieced her together. I added a pretty pearl necklace (after all she is a lady and every lady needs a pearl necklace!) and have her carrying behind her back a heart lollipop. I had the illusion of balloons running around in my brain and I like how it turned out.
 For the candy bar, I created a wrapper with the same paper I made the card out of. I stamped  the dog and dressed him up in hearts (Or her....but I like male dogs better so to me that is a boy!). I then wrapped the bar and used some ribbon from my stash and added the dog to top it off.
 This is the final product! I love love love it and I hope my partner does as well! It was super fun and super sweet! :-)
Until Next time -- Happy Scrappy!

1 comment:

VanessaB said...

gorgeous cards! love the heart sucker "balloon" behind the girl. lovely!