Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bombshell PIRATE Card

I took the Bombshell October sketch challenge found here:
http://bombshellstamps.blogspot.com/2013/10/octobers-sketch-challenge.html?spref=fb

I used this pirate stamp set to complete my card.
I also was super happy to use up some "Paper Trunk" paper I have had in my stash for a long time. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the paper when I first got it, but after designing for a few clubs with it I ran out of uses for it. I had as many as 5 sheets of the same piece of paper in the line. It lends itself well to anything grungy, country and now pirate ;-) This is my take on the sketch:
 Isn't she cute? I found the skull in Indiana on clearance. I think it makes a great addition to the card.
 I used Copic Markers to color her in and made her skin tan. She is a pirate after all and on the water in the sun.
 I then added this to the corner of the inside of the card:
I really had a lot of fun making this card and think it turned out great. It really is fantastic when stuff out of one's stash can be used. I see many more uses with this particular pin up in the future. Bombshell stamps has made a holiday accessory set to go with her that I ordered. Stay tuned to see the fun stuff that can be created with that set too!

Until next time -- Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

VanessaB said...

she's a hot pirate. great card :)
ps- I vote for you take off the word verification for your blog. :)