Thursday, November 9, 2017

Making Color Burst Cards

I had the privilege of meeting Ken Oliver at the Mixed Media Convention in July of 2017. I got a one on one demo and lesson on how to use Color Burst and have been addicted ever sense! I made these two cards using the new Color Burst for Brutus Monroe !

For this card I used a background stamp and applied the color burst on top of it after I embossed it.I stamped the bow pieces and sentiment. I adhered it all the a glitter card base and topped it off with a few bottle cap sequins.
 The next card I used a stencil to lay the Color Burst on making sure I stuck with colors that would not create a muddy look. I stamped the cute fist and used my Scan and Cut to cut them out. I stamped the sentiment on a circle I had die cut out. I adhered a few acrylic bubbles to finish it off.
This last background I created with this particular image in mind. I used a piece of watercolor paper to lay the Color Burst out on. I wanted the background to resemble a jungle so I used Cabbage and Zest. I sprinkled the color and misted it. At first it was to bright (yes, believe it or not it was brighter than this!), so I immediately dabbed it with a paper towel which picked up the excess color. I slowly sprayed droplets over it and was happy with it. 

Here is a video showcasing different techniques and basic color theory to keep in mind when using Color Burst: 
If you are interested in any of the products I used you can find them all here: Brutus Monroe Shop

No comments: