Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Getting Older Stinks!

I made it back home in one piece from California. I am from Northern California and I took the kiddos and I back home for a visit. We had a great time! The weather was cool and we spent a lot of time at the parks. We also visited San Francisco, Jelly Belly Factory (one of my favorite local things to do), Pt. Rayes, horse back riding, a mule carriage ride, and lots of visiting with family.
I managed to get a LO done regarding my Birthday. I found this one sheet of paper that I had to have. I thought the skunk was tooooo cute, but had no idea what to do on it until I saw this photo of me and thought "getting older sure does stink!" I knew that was the title and I had just the Paper for it. Now, I have a ton of title ideas for skunk related items (I love this critter on scrap booking stuff). Some titles include:
Growing Up Stinks
You stink
This Stinks
What is that smell?
Stop and Smell the Roses.
Oh, the three pictures on the side is of my brother and I. We had our Birthday bash at Pt. Rayes. This location is loaded with jelly fish. I did not want to swim out to the platform we were on. In fact I was really not wanting to get stung by the jelly fish, but the locals said the jelly fish in these parts did not sting. So, I happily swam over about five jelly fish to get to it. Once I got back on shore I was told they do sting by other locals.....who knows? No reports of stinging there or on the California coast (or not that I have heard).

Here is the LO!

3 comments:

bobbie said...

She's baaaaaaaack!!! LOVE that LO ~ esp. the little middle one!!
***sigh*** What's a mother to do?!?!

Betsie Morris said...

Hahahahahahaha!It was my brother's idea and of course I had to go with it. My Mom is very consevative and nearly had a heart attack when we did it.

Geri said...

Love the skunk! The LO is just to cute. I haven't done it yet, but have been planning to use a skunk on a "Stinkin Cute" page for Lilly.