Thursday, July 26, 2018

Hipster Birthday Cards

Have you ever been looking through your stash and discovered an awesome set of stamps that you did not even know you had? That recently happened to me. I stumbled upon my Tim Holtz Hipster stamp set and I was inspired to make a set of sarcastic cards!
 I colored the images in with Distress Markers and cut them out with my Scan N Cut. I set those aside and started on the base of my card. I used Distress Oxides  to create the backdrop. For the banner, I used Distressed ink on Stamping Paper and Watercolor Paper. I randomly stamped the Birthday Stamp Set and created two banner pieces using the Thin Fish Tail Banner Die Set . I inked all the edges and assembled the cards making sure to set each Hipster on pop dots for some added dimension. I finished off the card with Tonic Nuvo Drops . Here is a close up of each card:




Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Kristina Vazquez said...

What exactlt is a scan and cut? You stamp the image, color it, and then you have a machine that cuts it? That's so awsome. The possibilities are just endless so please enlighten me. Your cards are super "COOL". hahaha coming from a 48 yr old!

Betsie Morris said...

Yes! That is exactly what a Scan n Cut does ��. It is by Brothers and by far the best machine I have ever used. You can save images and cut them out later. It also comes with images in its memory you can use too! No pesky cartridges or temperamental bugs.