Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Exploding Birthday Box

My daughter turned 16 over the summer and I knew that not just any card would do. She has a fantastic sarcastic personality and not a fan of bright colors. I had a fun exploding Box Die Set from Pink and Main that I wanted to use. I made the first one in a traditional fashion:
It turned out great and I had a blast making it, but it ended up better suited for one of her best friends. So, I ordered Fired Up! stamp set because she likes dragons!  I also picked up the Celebration Pack from Pink and Main and die cut out each piece twice.
 I adhered the edges:
 And added the panels:
 Making sure I kept the back one up and not folded down.
 I added the sentiment and a few gloss dots from Pink and Main to what would be the front of the box.
 Next I lined up the inside pieces so they touched each other to create even spacing.
 I got my poppers ready!
 And adhered them to the inside of the box.
 This was the final box!
 But it was to young for her. It was cute, but not perfect for her. So I thought outside of the box and created this:
Here is a great video I did on the entire process:




Here is where you can find all the Tim Holtz products used in the video.

It looks like three is the lucky number! It took that many attemps to get the perfect Birthday Box for her.

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

No comments: