Saturday, March 18, 2017

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Technique

I could not wait to get my hands on the new Distress Oxide ink by Tim Holtz. I saw him demo these at CHA and knew I had to have them as well as the Hipster Stamp set. After stalking all of my favorite stores they finally were made available to purchase. Normally I would wait until they come out in the 1 inch blocks, but given the unique ink mixture they will only be available in the larger form. I decided on 8 of the 12 colors because I knew I would get a lot of use out of them. Once they finally were delivered I started playing with them. 

I had a hard time with them at first. I found them to be messy, time consuming, and not easy to cover the corners of my project. They also were very dying for my fingers. Though I did love the results once I finally got lotion on my hands and the corners covered, I knew there had to be a better way for me to use them. I created this card with my technique: 
 These are the first five tags I made with the oxide ink using it the way Tim demonstrated at CHA.
Granted, I like a more vibrant colorful outcome than most I was still pleased with them. To learn my technique please visit my  Tutorial .

Please make sure you subscribe to both my YouTube and Blog! There are some fun creative things coming up that you don't want to miss.

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

Betz

No comments: