Friday, March 3, 2017

Shamrock Pot

With Saint Patrick's Day coming up I knew I needed something for my table, so I created this:
The First thing I did was cut out shamrocks on my Scan and Cut 2 using a pattern already provided in the machine. You can see how I did it here: Cutting Shamrocks . I used the emerald green Rinea. You can find it here: Rinea Foil Paper

After I cut my shamrocks I selected three different embossing folders to add some texture and character.
 I ran them through my Cuttlebug and was pleased with the outcome!
 I punched three scalloped circles using the Embossed Gold by Rinea
 A pot of gold for me would contain things that are of most value. At the end of my rainbow my gold would be peace, love and strength. I knew that had to be the heart of each shamrock. I found my gold (these words) at Calico Collage and I punched them with my 1 inch circle punch and inked the edges.
  I applied Quick Grip by Beacon to hold it all together.

 I ran across these awesome straws at the new aquarium in town and I shamefully admit that I grabbed a handful of them for this project. I punched another scalloped circle on cardstock and adhered the straw to it.
 I then adhered it to the back of the shamrock.
 I painted a little pot I found at the craft store.
 I added crackle paint and rubbed a little distress ink over it to make it look more realistic.
 I finished it off my adding a row bling horseshoes, green and gold coins, and two sweet little butterflies that I cut out of purple Rinea and a punch I had in my stash.
Until Next time ~ Happy Crafting!

Betz

No comments: