Saturday, September 8, 2018

Old School Halloween

One of the very first Halloween stamp sets I ever purchased was from Stampin' Up over ten years ago. I remember debating with myself on if I really wanted it because at  the time we really did not celebrate Halloween in a scary way. I am fairly certain that this stamp set purchase it what pushed me over to the dark side of Halloween. I created two cards with this stamp set for this year.
 For this card, I used Tim Holtz Halloween paper pad I bought last year on clearance with his washi tape (also last year and on clearance). I stamped three images, fussy cut them out and pop dotted them on the card. I added three black gems to create balance.

 This stamp is actually the reason I bought the set. I just love it and still do to this day!
 I only added a pop of yellow to the "31" and covered it in clear glaze.
 To finish off the card I added three gems to the bottom corner.
These cards were not only fun to make, but a great walk down memory lane! I think shopping in my stash has been more rewarding than shopping at the store.

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting! 

No comments: