Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A Day in Prescott Arizona

One of my favorite places to go that is within an hour, but far enough away from the city is Prescott Arizona. I have been traveling to Prescott for over 20 years and today I want to share with you why this town has captured my heart. It really is a special place to most that call Arizona their home. It is not a typical Arizona town. In fact, places like Prescott are probably nothing like anyone would imagine could exist in this relatively dry and hot state. However, not all parts of Arizona are desert.

I like to start my day out at the capitol. it is surrounded by lush green grass and a statue on each side honoring the history of the town.

 Whiskey Row is iconic. It started off as a block of bars and night life and has evolved into additions of restaurants, ice cream parlors, vintage shops, art galleries, and antiques. It is directly across from the capitol.









 After walking around I stumbled upon the best antique store ever! It is at the end of the street and from the outside it does not look very impressive.
 Once I walked through the front door I was blown away!
 Not only is it an antique store it is a trading post. A lot of the antiques have been re-purposed and painted.





 The last weekend of every month there is an Arts and Craft Fair on the lawns of the capitol. It supports and showcases local artists as well as authentic street food. Before venturing through the craft fair I decided to eat and grab a coffee. The tamales were delicious!

 The majority of artists that participate in this fair do not have social media accounts, e-mail addresses or even a business card. I asked one gentleman if I could contact him to make me a piece and he said what he has on hand it all that is available. I then requested a business card and he told me he did not do any of that because this is just fun for him and not a business. I admire and respect that these artists are committed solely to their art, but disappointed I can not include any information on any of the artists in the park. This is just another reason you have got to spend a weekend here!




I am already planning my next visit to this little town!
Until next time ~ Happy Traveling!

No comments: