Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Using Scribble Sticks and Watercolor Pencils

If you did not see my three minute video on how to use Rita Barakat stencils, please find it here:

This is the follow up of coloring in my girl! I took a ton of pictures of each step that are self explanatory. This is the stencil I used on the video and what she looked like after I connected all the lines:
 I used these to color in her face:
 I added several shades and I colored in her eyes with Scribble Sticks:
 I used a wet paint brush to smooth out the texture. I traced around her face with a darker color:
 I filled in her eyebrows with one of the darker pencils. I used the black pencil to give her eyelashes (I love a lot of eyelashes!):
 I used scribble sticks to fill in her lips by tracing around the edges and pulling the color into her lips with a wet paint brush.
 I colored in the stars:
 Now it got fun! The hair! I absolutely love to create hair! I used scribble sticks and a wet paint brush to color.
 I finished her with a little bit of glitter streaks in her hair and white dots on the purple strand:
I can not draw, but this stencil made it super easy! I can't wait to create more in my art journal with Rita Barakat Stencils! 

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting! 

No comments: