Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Autumn Pocket Card with Tags Using Digital Art

 I think that a lot of times digital art gets a bad rap because there are so many out there that do it poorly. However, I have found a company that does it well! Calico Collage provides beautiful downloads that follow copyright laws and print straight. There are gorgeous junk journal kits that you can have in your hands in a matter of minutes with little cost and the ability to use them over and over again. As some of you know I don't have much in my stash that is traditional in style. I like to use digital art when I need something that is out of my comfort zone because it is easy to get my hands on and does not cost me an arm and leg for something I might only use a handful of times.

I downloaded the Autumn junk journal kit and created this traditional in style, yet unique style card with it. I love to take things and use them in ways they were not intended to be used for --including a junk journal kit. Why stop at just creating a journal when you can create a fun card?
 To make this card I printed up one of the pattern paper pages and the sheet that had the pocket and tags. I made the tags double sided and thought it would be fun to write my message on the front of the card instead of the inside. I used stamps from Hero Arts, a wood piece I inked orange and burlap flowers I got on sale at Hobby Lobby to finish it off. I added some orange gems to the sunflower just to leave my mark. I really could not keep this entirely traditional ;-)
Here is the video tutorial I created for you showcasing how to make this particular pocket and card:

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting! 

No comments: