Thursday, August 17, 2017

When You Have Nothing Left to Give....Give Anyway

The last ten years I have been sick. I did not even know that I was sick because I was so used to not feeling good that I thought it was normal. In the summer of 2016 my general practitioner finally convinced me it was time to see a Hematologist. My blood work had come back for years with a high white blood cell count, but this time it had to be dealt with because it was far to high. It took about a year of medical testings and procedures to get answers and we still are not to the bottom of it. In that year I became hopeless and sad. I had to close down my kennel in which I bred Golden Retrievers and was unable to serve. I was doing everything to hold myself together and get better -- after all I am a mom to three kids. While going for treatments and testings I met a lot of really sick people and it was through this experience and journey that I decided to donate my hair -- the one physical feature that I treasured most.

It has taken me three months to document this journey, but it is a journey that is important to me. I want to share my layout with you and that journey to bring awareness to the organization I donated through that  provide children with hair loss at no charge to their families. In fact the name of it is "Children With Hair Loss".

Now, before I share with you my journey I have to tell you that there are tears involved. I did cry as I walked through putting the layout together. I almost did not share it because I felt so silly crying over hair, but I know it is more than just my hair I am crying over. Please check out the day that I donated here: Children With Hair Loss and the aftermath as I put the video together here:When You Have Nothing Left....Give

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!

No comments: