Monday, May 8, 2017

Mother's Day Card

Mother's Day is just around the corner! This year I decided to make my Mom a card with a bunch of fun stuff from Brutus Monroe that just came out! First up creating a base using the Scratch background with the Lemon Zest Surface Ink.

 I also stamped the butterfly with the same stamp and ink
 I used the Detail ink in Raven to stamp these gorgeous roses from the Banner stamp set.
 I wanted to add some color so I dabbed Sage Surface Ink on my craft mat, spritzed it with water and grabbed my paint brush.
 I painted the leaves with it.
 I did the same thing again using the Rouge Surface Ink on the roses.
 As the roses dried I stamped the sentiment on two tags that I had made out of the tag die cuts with the Peg Alphabet.
 I used my Scan n Cut to cut the flowers and cut out the backing from pop dot packaging.
 I put the butterfly together.

 I then put it all together.
 This went off in the mail today! I mailed her a little gift too (she lives in another state) so I did not have to worry about smashing the butterfly into an envelope.
Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!
Betz

3 comments:

Lori said...

Really pretty!

Betsie Morris said...

Thank you! It amazes me how much use I get out of the background stamps!

stampinfranni said...

Beautiful card!