Saturday, July 15, 2017

Funky Bright Sugar Skull Canvas

I have never been into skeletons or skulls until recently. I live in the southwest part of the US. Day of the Dead (November) is a big deal here. Sugar skulls in general can be found pretty much all through out the year and are displayed all the time in cantinas and  Mexican food restaurants (my favorite!). Needless to say, after living here for 20 years I have grown quite fond of them. When Lisa Kettell created beautiful clay sugar skulls I knew I had to have them. I created this canvas with one of them along with digital art from my favorite shop, Calico Collage . This is the first project I made with these gorgeous fun pieces. I have something else planned for the others!


Check out the tutorial I made for you here .

Until next time ~ Happy Crafting!


No comments: