Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hot Of The Press Counterfiet Challenge Kit #1

I actually started this LO over the weekend. I used this paper by "Hot of The Press" that can be misted, inked, chalked, flocked, or whatever else you want to do with it! I was a bit worried when I saw how the paper came out once I got done glimmer misting it and inking it, but once I got the picture down I was happy with it. Can you tell I am trying to use up my Thickers? Those things are like rabbits --- they just multiply :-)

I sat down yesterday while my son finished up his school work and came up with this two page LO using the March Counterfeit kit that I put together. I am so pleased with this -- you have really no idea. See, I have had the penguin stamps and paper in my stash for at least two years. I was so tickled when I found this set because penguins are my favorite animal. I thought for sure I would use it up in a flash and have many uses for those cute little stamps, but it never happened. As I was putting the kit together I was able to see the paper mixed in way I did not envision before. Then I pulled out these left over pictures from my trip back home two years ago and came up with this:

I am not very good with two page LOs. I am a one page kind of girl, but I am so happy with this on so many levels. Feels good to use up my stash! TFL!

3 comments:

Geri said...

Love the bling on the first one!!! Can't wait to get my kit put together.
Great job!!

Kylie said...

Good job using up your stash Bets! Your penguins are cute!

VanessaB said...

very nice! those penguins are toooo CUTE!