Thursday, April 29, 2010

BG Class LO

I am taking a class at my LSS that creates a two page LO using BG. There are 5 reasons that I signed up for the class.
1) I hate BG and want to learn how to use it and like it.
2) I get a lot of product for the cost.
3) I need to make more friends locally.
4) I love my LSS and want to support her so she does not close her doors.
5) I stink at making two page LOs and need help.

I really believe that in order to grow as an artist/scrapper I must challenge myself and all the above reasons do indeed do just that!
This is the LO we were suppose to create (sorry about the measurements written on it):

This is what I created. I was the only one who really went outside of the box and this is not really going outside of the box! LOL!

I made this flower with leftover Simple to do with a circle punch, folding, and ink.


Now, since I have a new found love of making my own flowers, don't you think this would be easy to make? I mean BG charges like $5 for three of these flowers. I bet I could make them with pipe cleaners and left over brads for pennies! As soon as I find my kids' pipe cleaners I am gonna try because they are darling!

7 comments:

Tara O said...

Love the LO!! Truly? BG charges $5 for 3 pipe cleaner flowers??? You and I are in the wrong business-LOL

kcolegrove said...

LOVE the LO! I'm not a big fan of BG either. But I like that!!!!!!

Betsie Morris said...

Tara -- I am not sure if I saw them for $4.95 or $3.95. They were part of my kit with the class. However, BG is one of the most expensive lines I have found.
Kathy -- thank you! I am not a fan either and I think the reason why I like it is because it does not look like the typical BG.

Marlene said...

Great reasons for taking the class Betsie, love how your Layout looks like "yours" and not a duplicate of their example.

Geri said...

Great job on the layouts! I love BG!!!

ladynurse4 said...

Great LO's! Love the folded flowers. Will be waiting to see how your son BLOOMS while you are homeschooling him!

VanessaB said...

LOVE those flowers!