Monday, December 1, 2014

Marbled Chocolate

I have a delicious and beautiful MARBLED CHOCOLATE recipe to share with you today.
 
Don't let this gorgeous picture fool you. It really is not hard to make and requires little time and effort on your part. You do need to allow about an hour to let it firm up in your refrigerator, but other than that it will take you no longer than 7 minutes to put together (maybe 8, but that is an even number and I like odd, but I am not a fan of 9, so we will say 7).
 
I like to break mine apart into pieces instead of cutting them. Strange really I mean I am  OCD and want everything uniform one would assume that I would want to take out a ruler and cut this into perfect little square. However, I like to break them apart roughly and place in a big mason jar. Truth of the matter is I tried to cut them apart the first time I made it and I could not get them perfect. So, I threw caution to the wind and embraced the "mistake" by making it look intentionally rustic. Yeah...that is what I did....that is my story and I am sticking to it!
 
 

List of Ingredients

  • 8 1/2 Graham crackers broken in half (17 squares)
  • 6 squares semi sweet baking chocolates
  • 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
  • 3 squares white baking chocolate

How to Cook

1) Line a cookie sheet with foil making sure to extend ends up over the side of the pan.

2) Arrange crackers on cookie sheeting cutting as needed to make it all fit.

3) Microwave semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter on HIGH for about 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted when stirred. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds.

4) Stir until well blended and pour over crackers. Spread chocolate mixture with a spatula to cover crackers completely.

5) Now, do the same with the white chocolate - melt in the microwave.

6) Drop by spoonfuls the white chocolate over chocolate covered crackers.

7) Immediately cut through the chocolate mixture with a knife several times for a marble effect taking care not to press to hard and break the crackers.

8) Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Use foil handles to remove from cookie sheet. Peel off foil and break into bars.

4 comments:

Nina said...

Looking good!

Unknown said...

This sounds yummy. Can't wait to read all your recipes.

Ruth said...

Yum!!

VanessaB said...

Beautiful and sounds delicious :)