Friday, February 5, 2010

A Layout of Tribute

I grew up in a rough town and I am sad to say that my HS is closing down :-( This is so sad for me. My Mom was the first graduating class in 1963. Exactly 30 years later (1993) I graduated and in 2010 the district has decided to close it's doors :-( I painted the tittle our school color. I then used a grunge feel to it to show how rough the school was. The black shows the saddness of the closing of school. The bricks reperesent the walls of racial division that still need to come down. The butterflies show that even through it all the school did produce students of beauty and the opportunity to fly. So long Hogan forver in my heart you will be :-(

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

You need to print out what you just wrote and attach it to your layout!!! Great page and a great idea.

Betsie Morris said...

Joyce, you know what you are totally right. I never even thought to do that. Duh! LOL! Thanks for the idea :-)